A strategic HR policy starts with keeping informed of the latest changes in employment and social-security legislation and then applying them successfully to your business. Acerta Legal Consult can help you meet this challenge with legal advice, training and courses, and legal support services.
- Practical advice
- Acerta Legal Consult for local authorities
- Customised training
- Regular updates
- Expert partner
Our experts offer advice on legal HR matters, e.g.:
- You would like to update your terms of employment and test them against current social security laws. Our legal experts analyse existing agreements and formulate specific recommendations for the update.
- To be well prepared for future union negotiations, you need to get the full picture on salary and employment terms in your company. Or you might like to verify whether your personnel policies and salary schemes are fair. You also may want to find out whether you fully optimise certain employment-related measures, or to evaluate your pay policy and fine-tune where necessary. These are all valid reasons to rely on Acerta Legal Consult for a social audit based on your specific needs.
- You would like to be fully prepared for a difficult redundancy. Acerta Legal Consult helps with calculations, advice and practical support.
- You are introducing new security measures and need to check compliance with Privacy Law. Acerta Legal Consult analyses your security plan and checks whether it is in line with the relevant legal guidelines.
- You are setting up an office abroad and intend to recruit staff in-country. Regardless of where in the world you are based, Acerta Legal Consult teams up with local partners to ensure recruitment and remuneration meet local requirements. Conversely, if you employ foreign staff in your Belgian office, Acerta can organise work permits and visas, prepare contracts, and set up salary splits. With Acerta as your partner, you are certain that all national and international employment law regulations are respected.
- Your organisation is restructuring with collective redundancies. Acerta Legal Consult helps you to comply with standard procedures, offers practical advice and represents your interests during negotiations for a redundancy programme.
- You are taking part in negotiations about new collective bargaining agreements and want to be well prepared. Acerta Legal Consult offers advice and support during social dialogue.
Acerta Legal Consult for local authorities
Municipalities, ‘OCMWs’ (public social assistance centres), urban communities, provinces and public companies can also benefit from the expertise of Acerta Legal Consult specialists. We also welcome questions on the legal status of your statutory and contractual staff.
It is important that your HR team is well-trained and coached to ensure optimal service for their internal customers, your employees. You can count on Acerta for customised training on specific issues or in case of major changes inside your organisation.
Apart from a general introduction to social legislation, Acerta Legal Consult also offers a wide range of on-site courses on specific topics such as:
- Concluding or terminating a contract of employment
- Contractual early retirement schemes
- Working-time regulations
- Part-time work and annual leave
- Fiscal-friendly salary schemes
- The gross-net gap
- Specific regulations of the Joint Committee to which you belong
- Optimising salary schemes
- Leave of absence, maternity leave, guaranteed income
- Calculations of holiday allowances by local authorities
Acerta Legal Consult can also help your HR staff keep up to speed by providing quarterly updates on the latest changes in employment law, social law and employee taxation.
Our training courses are customised to meet your expectations. You indicate the issues to be addressed or elaborated and the goals you hope to achieve. All courses are held in your offices to get the most out of a training day.
To keep you informed, Acerta Legal Consult provides updates of the latest legal developments that are relevant for your business. These include new guidelines in national and international employment law, social security law, revised employment-related measures, and new regulations regarding employee taxation.
Once a month, our legal specialists provide your HR team with an overview of recent changes in legislation and an indication of the impact on your organisation. Acerta Legal Consult also distributes information on new guidelines set up by the relevant Joint Committees, and provides relevant interpretations of the realisation of collective labour agreements, indexation and other salary adjustments.
Acerta Legal Consult consultants have excellent knowledge and experience of the world of business. They translate complex legal guidelines into practical and clear recommendations for your company.
Our legal consultants each have at least five years’ experience in giving advice on social laws, and are fully informed on the powers of Joint Committees.